Thursday, February 5, 2009

Yoga and LasVegas?

I know Vegas and Yoga in the same sentence seems like a bit of an oxymoron . In a city that is charged with energy, is it possible to find some sort of zen...barely!
I am the type of person that can usually find time to do yoga anywhere. I bring my mat where ever go, plop it down somewhere and practice. It's like somebody who runs, you just throw on your runners, grab your Ipod and go...right? And yes, I did see this in LasVegas. I saw people running outside on the strip and I thought, how? Then I realized, why not? While running down the strip there is so much to look at to take your mind off the task at hand, you could run forever. But, every time I thought about doing yoga, I was defeated by the urge to go see another hotel, or watch a show, or play a little blackjack, or...or ..or. Then I realized this must be what its like to live in a person's mind that doesn't stop and is constantly seeking another surge of stimulus. Wow, I lived like this for three days and was completely exhausted when I arrived back home. With my mind racing and my body functioning on pure adrenaline, I was disappointed that I wasn't able to find enough zen to just stop the insanity and just be still for a few minutes. The good news is I have a reason to go back to Las Vegas. I have a challenge at hand. I need to prove to myself that amongst the chaos I can find some sort of serenity.

2 comments:

  1. It is so great running along the strip - an excellent way to see the sites, and get rid some of those unwanted Vegas calories

    ReplyDelete
  2. In the western world, the most basic and most practiced yoga is Hatha yoga. The Hatha yoga originates from the Asian country India for more than two thousand years back. Yoga helps to purify mind as well as soul, its fills a wisdom of calmness and helps maintaining strength and litheness in the human body. Hatha is derived from two words HA meaning the sun and THA refers to the moon. The Hatha yoga defines how opposite things can effort as one in human life due to the duality and flexibility of our minds and body. Hatha yoga helps to discover the dualities of meditation and workouts. Hathayoga

    ReplyDelete