Monday, June 22, 2009

Chakra Yoga WorkShop ...Week Four...Anahata CHAKRA

"Chakras are wheels of energy where we receive, assimilate and distribute life energies. Through external situations ( pressures of life ) or internal habits such as poor physical alignment or self destructiveness, a chakra can become imbalanced. The simplest way to balance each chakra is to create alignment in the physical body. Your body reflects your imbalances, acting as a mirror through which you can gauge how each chakra is functioning. Your asana practice is he first step toward aligning your body and balancing each chakra. Instead of trying to change the way the mind works and overcoming years of patterns and beliefs, asana works to realign the physical energy centers that govern specific behaviours"

This weeks focus is on Anahat Chakra ( Hear Centre )

Location: Heart

Mantra: Yam

Verb: I love

Color: Green

Yantra: Star of David

Domain: compassion, beginning of self realization,sharing, unconditional love, selfless service, emotional clarity

Questions that you can ask yourself to find out if this Chakra is not Sattvic:

• Do I have trouble finding meaning in my life?
• Is it hard for me to relate to others?
• Am I over emotional?
• Do I dislike being alone with my thoughts and feelings?
• Am I always looking for others to fill my emotional needs?
• Do people disappoint me easily?


Physical Postures that balance Muladahara Chakra:

BHUJANGASANA (SPHINX)
USTRASANA (CAMEL)
SHASHANKASANA (HARE)
SETU BANDA SARVANGASANA (LITTLEBRIDGE)



To practice more chakra yoga go to:

http://www.mypypeline.com/store/video/yoga_chakra_series/

1 comment:

  1. I was searching for information about Luxury yoga Vacation and found your blog interesting. No doubt it has very good content and photos. Thanks for posting

    ReplyDelete